- 0 Hello from Canberra in the Australian and New Zealand gardeners: Welcome & Chat group Posted by The_Scriptuary about 14 hours ago.
- 2 Pokeweed in the Composting group Posted by Flower76 5 months ago. Last reply by nightmart 1 day ago.
- 6 Kratky Hydroponic Gardening in the General Chit Chat group Posted by delaware 10 days ago. Last reply by halhurst 3 days ago.
- 1 bagging apples to control insects and diseases in the Budding Orchardists group Posted by BloominGranny about 1 year ago. Last reply by tash 4 days ago.
- 1 Whiteflies in the Dealing with Pests group Posted by Kevalsha 11 days ago. Last reply by halhurst 7 days ago.
- 0 Rose Clipping Help! in the General Chit Chat group Posted by gardengroupie 8 days ago.
- 2 Gardening ebooks on Amazon Australia some FREE to download - limited time. in the Australian and New Zealand gardeners: Welcome & Chat group Posted by Carol 13 days ago. Last reply by Carol 8 days ago.
Latest Planting Activity
- Brian1968 added Orange King to their seed stash 6 months ago
- corryong_p12 added V Spring onion "White Lisbon" to their plant list 6 months ago
- corryong_p12 added V Spring Onion "White Lisbon" to their plant list 6 months ago
- SarahGulli added Tomato 'Mexico' to their plant list 6 months ago
- SarahGulli added Tomato 'Roma' to their plant list 6 months ago
- BackyardFarmerMan added Sweet corn 'Bi-Licious' to their plant list 6 months ago
- SarahGulli added Chili pepper 'Jalapeno' to their plant list 6 months ago
- BackyardFarmerMan added Carrot 'Danvers 126' to their plant list 6 months ago
- SarahGulli added Potato 'Red Pontiac' to their plant list 6 months ago
- SarahGulli added Snap pea 'Stringless Sugar Snap' to their plant list 6 months ago
The best for sauces and canning. Bright red fruits, about 8 oz., are large for canning types, with “real tomato” flavour. Slightly long and pointed at the end giving it an ox heart shape. Excellent for slicing fresh-not too acidic.
Search our plant database
Search the Folia gardener plant care database: full of growing tips and practical information for over 200,000 plants and plant varieties. Search by botanical name, plant or variety name.
From organic website: The level of the acidity isn't given just the instructions: "To lower the pH level of soil and make it more acidic, vinegar can applied by hand or using an irrigation system. For a basic treatment, a cup of vinegar can mixed with a gallon of water and poured over soil...Clear 7°C / 45°F
Start with a used IBC tank. Disassemble it to get it home. Build a crane to get it into the backyard. Cut off the top Add 2" of sheet foam insulation. Encase the whole thing in rough-sawn cedar planks, compensating for a non-square tweaked frame and building around the top of the cage. Add l...Clear 21°C / 70°F
Saturday the Monarchs finally showed up and have been playing in the backyard trees. They were camera shy. I am still learning how to use my new camera (the Olympus Tough). I suppose it would help if I'd read the manual. I fed Tucker a big breakfast then we went off for the day. When we return...Mostly Cloudy 27°C / 81°F
Not much going on with the garden. The deckbed (lettuce, broccoli, collards, brussels sprouts) is growing v e r y slowly. We've had quite a bit of rain. The other week - Oct 4th - it looked like we were going to have frosts and temps dropping down to 32F/0C so I went into pepper harvesting overdr...14°C / 57°F