- 3 New to Folia! Just saying Hi. in the General Chit Chat group Posted by Slogro about 23 hours ago. Last reply by Slogro about 13 hours ago.
- 3 Bacterial wilt resistant cucumbers in the Landrace Gardening group Posted by Waystone 2 days ago. Last reply by flowerweaver about 20 hours ago.
- 6 Heirloom Tomatoes and winter squash in the Kitchen Gardens group Posted by Elizabethspetals 27 days ago. Last reply by Elizabethspetals 1 day ago.
- 7 How deep does a root cellar have to be?? in the General Chit Chat group Posted by TropicanaRoses 5 days ago. Last reply by HollyBee 2 days ago.
- 3 Offer: Lablab seed in the Seed Saving, Swapping and Networking in Australia group Posted by Carol 8 months ago. Last reply by seedcurrency 2 days ago.
- 6 O great, we're on Cyclone Watch again! in the General Chit Chat group Posted by Carol 3 days ago. Last reply by Carol 2 days ago.
- 1 Looking for Yuzu in the Citrus lovers group Posted by garou179 about 4 years ago. Last reply by puu about 4 years ago.
Latest Planting Activity
- Planting Out
Brassica oleracea (Acephala Group)
Red Russian is an unusual and beautiful variety that grows 2 feet (60 cm) tall. Leaves are bitter-free, very tender, and are intersected by purple-pink veins, lightly tinged with purple on the margins. In cold weather the leaves turn reddish-purple and are very attractive. Oak-shaped, gray-green, toothed leaves with deep-purple veins and ste...
Search our plant database
Search the Folia gardener plant care database: full of growing tips and practical information for over 200,000 plants and plant varieties. Search by botanical name, plant or variety name.
Glass Greenhouse garden and Inside Propagation Room garden
This is my first winter of not heating my greenhouse, so I put together a light rack for starting my plants. I’ll be opening the greenhouse in two weeks and transplanting into 12-oz and 16-oz pots. I have not been on Folia in a while because I have been in lousy health (Big-C). I am cutt...
A few weeks late (a house fire will do that to you), but my warm-season seeds are sown! Bell Peppers ‘Charleston Belle’ and ‘Carolina Wonder’ Mini Bell Pepper ‘Kaala’ Chili Pepper ‘Super Thai’ Cherry Tomato ‘Sweet Million’ Eggplant...Clear 12°C / 54°F
Only recently I discovered you can grow potatoes from seeds instead of tubers and get potatoes the same season. It is very similar to growing tomatoes from seed. Most of today’s potatoes grown from tubers are clones of themselves and no longer make flowers or seeds, or if they do they are s...Mostly Cloudy 7°C / 45°F
Some of you may or may not remember me having mentioned that “life” has been happening for us for several years. That “life” of which I spoke was a very rebellious teenage daughter. She was caught in some indiscretions last year, and married a young man. She lost her bab...