- 2 How to overwinter potted boxwood? in the General Chit Chat group Posted by sheepandwool 22 days ago. Last reply by sheepandwool about 2 hours ago.
- 0 Rare fruit and veg growers site in the Australian and New Zealand gardeners: Welcome & Chat group Posted by hillbillyhayshed over 2 years ago.
- 25 Fragrance is in the nose of the smeller in the General Chit Chat group Posted by Tomartyr over 2 years ago. Last reply by mmerose over 2 years ago.
- 31 Ground squirrels and Rabbits HELP in the General Chit Chat group Posted by FairmeadSeeder over 2 years ago. Last reply by BarbGardens over 2 years ago.
- 6 Wild pumpkin in the General Chit Chat group Posted by hillbillyhayshed almost 3 years ago. Last reply by Ghostgum almost 3 years ago.
- 37 Our thoughts go out to all our friends across the Tasman today!! in the Australian and New Zealand gardeners: Welcome & Chat group Posted by Bernieh almost 3 years ago. Last reply by graibeard almost 3 years ago.
- 35 Special Offer for Fellow Folians from White Harvest Seed Company in the White Harvest Seed Company group Posted by hillbillyharvey almost 3 years ago. Last reply by hillbillyharvey over 2 years ago.
Latest Planting Activity
HPByrd's Cutleaf Coneflower (sochan or Rudbeckia laciniata or gree... is Transplanted! about 4 hours ago
Search our plant database
Search the Folia gardener plant care database: full of growing tips and practical information for over 200,000 plants and plant varieties. Search by botanical name, plant or variety name.
Oregano Dying and Container garden
So my other Oregano plant died today. I really don’t know what I did wrong! Aside from a little overwatering, I did everything to a tee. It could also be that it’s winter time. I might try again in the spring.Clear -2°C / 28°F
Friend's House garden and Backyard Vegetable garden
I guess it’s not even technically winter yet, but my fall/winter gardening is off to a good start. It would be great, but I have not had much success in germinating Mache and a couple other crops. From my winter garden plan, here are the statuses for my crops so far. Arctic King Lettuce ...Sunny 7°C / 45°F
So the fruits were pulled from the vines when the temps went to below freezing. They were still very green, immature, and maturity is when they turn yellow. I thought it might be nice to have some to eat perhaps, or of course to harvest some seeds. Finally today I pulled out the 3 fruits that had...Clear 7°C / 44°F
Amaryllis Breaking Dormancy and Container garden
Took my beloved Amaryllis out of the cellar today. Replaced a good two or so inches of soil and gave her a good watering. Couldn’t find a place to put the pot in my currently cluttered room, so for now I’ll keep it on my desk :) I can’t wait for her to flower!Overcast -3°C / 27°F