- 20 Growing Lavender from Seed in the Lavender Challenge group Posted by LouiseM over 1 year ago. Last reply by Kelii00 about 19 hours ago.
- 6 Another companion planting chart in the Companion planting group Posted by vaericks about 2 years ago. Last reply by mpsprengeler about 10 hours ago.
- 13 heat mat for seedlings in the Creative Solutions group Posted by vaericks about 2 years ago. Last reply by bmanthegreenman about 10 hours ago.
- 2 So I ate my first fresh Bhut Jolokia... in the Bhut Jolokia Chili Pepper Growers group Posted by Ostrya over 1 year ago. Last reply by DonMega about 11 hours ago.
- 2 Fly explosion in cold frame! in the General Chit Chat group Posted by VeggieBex 12 days ago. Last reply by VeggieBex about 11 hours ago.
- 0 Crap. Er... cold. in the General Chit Chat group Posted by PaulP about 11 hours ago.
- 24 Nasturtiums in the Dealing with Pests group Posted by Kevalsha about 1 year ago. Last reply by Kevalsha about 13 hours ago.
Latest Planting Activity
- Showing True Leaves
- Potting Up
Daucus carota subsp. sativus
Imperator or Nantes shaped. Unique carrot with purple skin, orange core & stretch marks. Serve raw as a novelty for kids and gourmet meals. The sweet 10- to 12-inch carrots lose their purple color when cooked. High in vitamins and antioxidants. 2006 AAS winner.
Search our plant database
Search the Folia gardener plant care database: full of growing tips and practical information for over 200,000 plants and plant varieties. Search by botanical name, plant or variety name.
Passiflora incarnata (Maypop / Native Passion Fruit) Flowering, Pineapple Guava Flowering, Banana Growing, ...
Started a new job 1.5 weeks ago (intense but cool) and am studying for comprehensive oral exams for next week and am trying to keep up in the garden. I’m doing pretty well with all of those things. My folia record-keeping and journal-reading is suffering, though… But it’s bloo...Clear 23°C / 73°F
This is the time of year I cherish in the garden. Although it is becoming quite warm (in the triple digits) during the day, it still pretty pleasant in the mornings— and that’s when I have been spending most of my time harvesting and tending plants. We’ve been harvesting lots o...Clear 24°C / 75°F
To my sweet baby girl, Halo; she’s 4 today and coincidentally enough the cardinal eggs hatched last night. The ‘Cardinal in the camellia’ is now mama to 3 cutie babies. I am so excited to see them grow up so close to the house, the camellia is just right off the front porch! I ...Mostly Cloudy 25°C / 77°F
foxglove Blooming, camas Blooming, purple and white iris Blooming, lavender Blooming, sunrose wisley pink...
Lots of other stuff is blooming too. Weeds are way ahead of me but with so much blooming its easy to ignore them.Light Rain 14°C / 57°F