- 1 Spring Bloomers. in the Plant Identification group Posted by Zacherie 6 months ago. Last reply by heddysue 1 day ago.
- 1 Hansa Rose Shrub in the Gardening in Canada group Posted by Sweety 20 days ago. Last reply by IsisEyes 1 day ago.
- 9 4TH ANNUAL CANADIAN AUTUMN SEED SWAP GUIDELINES in the Gardening in Canada group Posted by nickyn about 1 month ago. Last reply by nickyn 4 days ago.
- 3 Pokeweed in the Composting group Posted by Flower76 5 months ago. Last reply by Tigerwren 5 days ago.
- 0 Hello from Canberra in the Australian and New Zealand gardeners: Welcome & Chat group Posted by The_Scriptuary 6 days ago.
- 6 Kratky Hydroponic Gardening in the General Chit Chat group Posted by delaware 15 days ago. Last reply by halhurst 8 days ago.
- 1 bagging apples to control insects and diseases in the Budding Orchardists group Posted by BloominGranny about 1 year ago. Last reply by tash 9 days ago.
Latest Planting Activity
- Brian1968 added Orange King to their seed stash 6 months ago
- corryong_p12 added V Spring onion "White Lisbon" to their plant list 6 months ago
- corryong_p12 added V Spring Onion "White Lisbon" to their plant list 6 months ago
- SarahGulli added Tomato 'Mexico' to their plant list 6 months ago
- SarahGulli added Tomato 'Roma' to their plant list 6 months ago
- BackyardFarmerMan added Sweet corn 'Bi-Licious' to their plant list 6 months ago
- SarahGulli added Chili pepper 'Jalapeno' to their plant list 6 months ago
- BackyardFarmerMan added Carrot 'Danvers 126' to their plant list 6 months ago
- SarahGulli added Potato 'Red Pontiac' to their plant list 6 months ago
- SarahGulli added Snap pea 'Stringless Sugar Snap' to their plant list 6 months ago
Prettily scented afternoon and evening flowers often specked or streaked, they are trumpet shaped and continue through the summer months. A tuberous perennial in warmer climates but often grown as an annual in cooler conditions The sap may cause irritation on the skin. Easily self seeds Can be perennial if in protected spot even as cold as ...
Search our plant database
Search the Folia gardener plant care database: full of growing tips and practical information for over 200,000 plants and plant varieties. Search by botanical name, plant or variety name.
Gardened until dark both days this weekend. Prepared garden beds for planting, transplanted a ton of seedlings (started indoors a few weeks back), did some tidying around the yard (still plenty of that to do), and took occasional breaks to admire our exuberantly blooming swamp sunflowers...Clear 28°C / 82°F
My garden feels particularly bleak for some reason this fall. Wet, now that the rains have come. I should be pruning back dying vegetation and the aggressive phygelius. I should be weeding to get a head start on next year. But like the garden itself, I feel as if I've gone to root inste...
Now nearing the end of October (10/26/14) and the Beaver Early Strawberry plant is still holding out trying to produce those three berries. The color is coming in, though it starts out patchy. It is making progress. I doubt it will turn red before the frost kills the plant, but it's trying!Partly Sunny 16°C / 60°F
'Pueblo' has salmon/coral, very ruffled petals with yellow stamens that really stand out. 'Blackie Bryant' has dbl ruffled petals that have outlined white edges & variegated leaves. The large leaves of 'Windy Day' have very ruffled edges. The small 'Arapahoe' plant has 5 small leaves & is 2" t...