- 6 Kratky Hydroponic Gardening in the General Chit Chat group Posted by delaware 7 days ago. Last reply by halhurst about 1 hour ago.
- 1 bagging apples to control insects and diseases in the Budding Orchardists group Posted by BloominGranny about 1 year ago. Last reply by tash about 19 hours ago.
- 1 Whiteflies in the Dealing with Pests group Posted by Kevalsha 8 days ago. Last reply by halhurst 5 days ago.
- 0 Rose Clipping Help! in the General Chit Chat group Posted by gardengroupie 5 days ago.
- 2 Gardening ebooks on Amazon Australia some FREE to download - limited time. in the Australian and New Zealand gardeners: Welcome & Chat group Posted by Carol 10 days ago. Last reply by Carol 5 days ago.
- 9 Urban gardens: SIP (sub-irrigated planter) containers in the Container gardens group Posted by LynneinLowell 8 months ago. Last reply by halhurst 6 days ago.
- 3 Indigo Rose Tomatoes fertility in the Kitchen Gardens group Posted by noz90 4 months ago. Last reply by delaware 7 days ago.
Latest Planting Activity
- Brian1968 added Orange King to their seed stash 6 months ago
- corryong_p12 added V Spring onion "White Lisbon" to their plant list 6 months ago
- corryong_p12 added V Spring Onion "White Lisbon" to their plant list 6 months ago
- SarahGulli added Tomato 'Mexico' to their plant list 6 months ago
- SarahGulli added Tomato 'Roma' to their plant list 6 months ago
- BackyardFarmerMan added Sweet corn 'Bi-Licious' to their plant list 6 months ago
- SarahGulli added Chili pepper 'Jalapeno' to their plant list 6 months ago
- BackyardFarmerMan added Carrot 'Danvers 126' to their plant list 6 months ago
- SarahGulli added Potato 'Red Pontiac' to their plant list 6 months ago
- SarahGulli added Snap pea 'Stringless Sugar Snap' to their plant list 6 months ago
The Spider Plant, Chlorophytum comosum, is a species of Chlorophytum native to South Africa. Spider Plant and its cultivars provides an attractive hanging plant for bright locations. The species, Chlorophytum comosum, has medium to dark-green satiny leaves, but only accounts for about 10% of spider plant sales. Chlorophytum comosum `Vittatum' is...
Search our plant database
Search the Folia gardener plant care database: full of growing tips and practical information for over 200,000 plants and plant varieties. Search by botanical name, plant or variety name.
Saturday the Monarchs finally showed up and have been playing in the backyard trees. They were camera shy. I am still learning how to use my new camera (the Olympus Tough). I suppose it would help if I'd read the manual. I fed Tucker a big breakfast then we went off for the day. When we return...Mostly Cloudy 27°C / 81°F
Start with a used IBC tank. Disassemble it to get it home. Build a crane to get it into the backyard. Cut off the top Add 2" of sheet foam insulation. Encase the whole thing in rough-sawn cedar planks, compensating for a non-square tweaked frame and building around the top of the cage. Add l...Clear 21°C / 70°F
From organic website: The level of the acidity isn't given just the instructions: "To lower the pH level of soil and make it more acidic, vinegar can be applied by hand or using an irrigation system. For a basic treatment, a cup of vinegar can be mixed with a gallon of water and poured over ...Clear 7°C / 45°F
I went out and took pictures the day before bloom day because I thought it might rain and I wouldn't get out then. The usual stuff is blooming: a few japanese anemone, the pink roses looking in dreadful need of pruning as usual, a few clematis (namely Belle of Woking, pictured, and Madame Ed,...