All care instructions and information about Sweet pepper (Capsicum annuum var. annuum (Grossum Group)) have been provided by real gardeners.
- Lifecycle Is Sweet pepper annual or perennial?
- Growing Difficulty How hard is it to grow Sweet pepper?
- Growth Habit What shape or habit does Sweet pepper grow into?
- Hardiness How frost hardy is Sweet pepper?
- Country of Origin Where did Sweet pepper come from?
- Help build our wiki!
- Mature Height How tall does Sweet pepper grow?
- 55.0 cm / 1.79 feet
- Mature Spread How wide does Sweet pepper grow?
- 30.0 cm / 11.7 inches
- USDA Zone Range Which zones does Sweet pepper grow best in?
- pH Range The level of acidity for Sweet pepper.
- 5.5 - 7.5
- Water Requirements How much water does Sweet pepper require?
- Nitrogen Requirements How much nitrogen fertilizer does Sweet pepper need?
- Soil What sort of soil should I plant Sweet pepper in?
Potting Mix / Loam / Silt
- Sun How much sunlight does Sweet pepper need to grow?
Full Sun / Partial Sun
- Can Sow Direct? Can Sweet pepper be sown directly?
- Sowing Depth How deep to plant Sweet pepper?
- 0.64 cm / 0.25 inches
- Sowing Distance Apart How far apart to plant Sweet pepper?
- 2.5 cm / 0.98 inches
- Sowing Row Distance Apart How far apart to plant rows of Sweet pepper?
- 60.96 cm / 1.98 feet
- Ideal Germination Temperature Range What temperatures does Sweet pepper need in order to germinate?
20°C / 68°F to
30°C / 86°F
- Growing Temperatures What temperatures are best to grow Sweet pepper in?
15°C / 59°F
25°C / 77°F
- Planting Distance Apart How far apart to plant Sweet pepper seedlings.
- 45.0 cm / 1.46 feet
- Planting Row Distance Apart How far apart to plant rows of Sweet pepper seedlings.
- 60.0 cm / 1.95 feet
- Bloom Time When will Sweet pepper bloom?
- Early Summer
- Harvest Time When is Sweet pepper ready for harvest?
- Mid Summer
- Pruning Time When should I prune Sweet pepper?
- Mid Summer