Today was the first day we left the windows open all night. As a consequence, I was woken up before the sun rose by insane birds who couldn’t even wait for it to get light before they had to start squacking. So since they say you’re supposed to harvest lettuce in the morning, I harvested a head of lettuce. It’s from a mix, so there was just the one proper head; the rest are leaf lettuces. So I took the head, because it was the most obnoxiously located of all the lettuces. Hopefully the broccoli has a little more breathing room now. I also took out all of the broccoli rabes to the west of the peas, which should mean more breathing room for broccoli and mustard. I also took out all the radishes that were either big enough or showing signs of bolting. There should be a pretty nifty salad tonight.
Photos: 1) broccoli rabe and radishes after cleaning
2) lettuce after cleaning
3) space where the broccoli rabe and lettuce used to be