-13°C / 9°F
It’s Family Day, and I was able to take a tour of the “back 40” on snowshoe today and record some of the interesting plant life.
- A fork in my snowshoe trail, with apple tree on the left. (It was tough breaking trail after our last 30cm snowfall.)
- A clump of older trees, one of which makes baby gala-flavoured apples.
- A tree I have been trying to perfect my pruning technique on. It makes red apples, also quite small.
- A larger tree which I quit pruning after the first few years as it wasn’t bearing. In 2013 it had a decent crop of apples. Time to get out the pruning saw again!
- A lonely apple left on the tree above.