Today I replaced an unhappy 7-foot-tall palm tree along our front fence with an autumn clematis vine that was trying to overrun our back patio. The clematis will now have a chance to grow to its full potential.
A few days ago I used my machete (ROAR!) and my switchblade hand saw (DOUBLE ROAR!) to hack and saw the palm tree down.
Today I dug out the palm tree stump and wheelbarrowed it to the street (to be picked up later this week), painstakingly removed Bermuda grass and Florida betony from the area, mixed in 3 bags of county compost, set up the trellis (2 pressure-treated deck railings), pounded in stakes to hold the trellis in place, dug up the autumn clematis, planted it, and watered it — just as a thunderstorm rolled in — perfect timing!
Strawberry 'Seascape' Harvesting
Fragaria x ananassa
12 more berries