primula plants, gardens & journals
primula gardening journals
Cowslip and Flower meadow garden
Over the last few years, more and more hybrids appear in the patch of cowslips near the hazelbush in the front yard. I have primroses and oxlip in my garden too, so I guess the yellow hybrids have one of them for parents, but the pollen for reddish ones probably came from a neighbouring garden. ...Rainy 12°C / 54°F
Schlumbergera truncata - Dad's Thanksgiving Cactus 'Gold Charm' Budding, Saintpaulia 5b ionantha ssp clone ...
(posting two days later but backdating!) I think this was one of the toughest Bloom days to try and find a new bloomer, though I think February last year was a bit tricky too. I decided that I would go with the new Primrose I bought a couple weeks ago that is waiting to be planted outside. All th...Rainy 9°C / 48°F
After the storm we got last night, I went out in the morning to quickly inspect the house and the garden; thankfully where I live nothing more than leaves had been blown away by the fierce winds, except that we didn’t have electricity when I woke up, so there was probably some damage elsewh...Rainy 9°C / 48°F
In these last days of autumn, this primrose is showing a second flower, as if we were in early spring. The primroses in the other parts of my garden don’t do that. I have to admit that the weather is mild for December, even if it’s getting a bit colder, we’re far from freezing. ...Partly Sunny 10°C / 50°F
I was surprised yesterday when I discovered this primrose flowering well into autumn. I don’t know if it was fooled by the nice weather we had until a few days ago, or maybe it was in a hurry to show its face again. An early taste of spring. Anyway, its appearance prompted me to add my firs...Overcast 10°C / 50°F
primula group conversations
- 1 Primula ID Needed :) in the Primroses group Posted by Tralamander over 1 year ago. Last reply by orientallily over 1 year ago.
- 17 more badges for lovers... please? in the Folia Badges group Posted by orientallily over 1 year ago. Last reply by orientallily about 1 year ago.
- 5 Gold Lace in the Primroses group Posted by Tralamander over 1 year ago. Last reply by Tralamander over 1 year ago.
- 5 winter protection in the Primroses group Posted by orientallily almost 2 years ago. Last reply by orientallily almost 2 years ago.
- 1 elusive scents in the Primroses group Posted by orientallily almost 2 years ago. Last reply by orientallily almost 2 years ago.