Notes from Crocus
- Flowers June > September.
- Bees and butterflies love it
- Makes an excellent cut flower
- Plenty of sunshine and moist soil.
- They rarely suffer from pests or diseases, however protect young plants from slugs
- Tall varieties need to be staked.
- To encourage the plant to repeat flower deadhead back to side shoots that have flower buds emerging.
- Cut back by half after flowering to help prevent mildew. Cut down to the ground in late winter.
- Every two or three years divide the plants in spring