These were a success last year. They kept blooming well into December. Then we got hit with an unusual and prolonged freeze-filled winter that killed them. I had uprooted the damaged dead plants So this season I just started over with new seeds. I don’t know if that was right or wrong…but it’s done.
[EDIT: April 07, 2011]
Once again, these were quite successful…they grew to about 5 ft, 4 in. and the heads to…I’ll guess 7.5 to 9 in. in diameter. I really should have measured them…they were basically like people in terms of height and blooming face-size; Haha. Sadly, they were once again murdered by winter’s frost. So I uprooted them and will most likely start anew this year.
Backyard & Front yard garden [Archived]
29 Apr 2010
Sown day 0