Busy, busy busy
Wednesday, 06 Jun 12 Partly Sunny 16°C / 61°F
Managed to get the horticultural grit out of the car, its been travelling with me for days! So, so heavy I wish they would do things in smaller bags, had to empty half out into a bag and make a couple of trips up to the greenhouse. Absolutely shattering job, I hope the grit is worth it!! Attempting using grit for the first time after watching Monty Don and Carol Klein and it seems to work for them.
- Tidied the greenhouse again!, trying to make space for new sowings and plantings.
- Planted out the cosmos, nicotiana and moved the revived verbena out to the messy patch
- Tidied the messy patch a bit (not so anyone would notice, it lives up to its name)
- Moved pots and trays onto the storage stand
- Planted a courgette in the bucket outside the greenhouse
- Cleared the area infront of the greenhouse, so its not lethal to walk past
- Potted up my ‘Sweet and neat’ tomato into a bucket, as I’ve decided to keep it inside the greenhouse and not risk the chances of blight.
- Sowed spinach, beetroot, carrots and pak choi into modules and trays- hopefully this will be more successful than my direct sowing disasters.
- Pricked out my radish
*Sowed foxgloves and honesty for next year ( how organised am I!)
- Direct sowing of salad leaves and rocket in the raised beds.
After all this retired to the patio for more wine in the sun :)
This entry is about
Cosmos 'All sorts mixed' Planting Out, Dwarf runner bean 'Hestia' Planting Out, Dwarf runner bean...
Valerian Flowering, Raised bed and veg patch garden , Geranium psilostemon Flowering, Cistus Purp...
Raised bed and veg patch garden , Courgette 'Defender' Planting Out, Courgette 'Black Beauty' Pla...
Cucumber Potting Up, Marguerite 'Crested Pink' Planting Out, Geranium Planting Out, and Nemesia P...
Runner bean 'White Lady'
Clary Potting Up, Big border garden , and Garden Cosmos 'Sensation Mixed Colors' Potting Up