Busy, busy busy
Tuesday, 05 Jun 12 Partly Sunny 16°C / 61°F
Managed to get the horticultural grit out of the car, its been travelling with me for days! So, so heavy I wish they would do things in smaller bags, had to empty half out into a bag and make a couple of trips up to the greenhouse. Absolutely shattering job, I hope the grit is worth it!! Attempting using grit for the first time after watching Monty Don and Carol Klein and it seems to work for them.
- Tidied the greenhouse again!, trying to make space for new sowings and plantings.
- Planted out the cosmos, nicotiana and moved the revived verbena out to the messy patch
- Tidied the messy patch a bit (not so anyone would notice, it lives up to its name)
- Moved pots and trays onto the storage stand
- Planted a courgette in the bucket outside the greenhouse
- Cleared the area infront of the greenhouse, so its not lethal to walk past
- Potted up my ‘Sweet and neat’ tomato into a bucket, as I’ve decided to keep it inside the greenhouse and not risk the chances of blight.
- Sowed spinach, beetroot, carrots and pak choi into modules and trays- hopefully this will be more successful than my direct sowing disasters.
- Pricked out my radish
*Sowed foxgloves and honesty for next year ( how organised am I!)
- Direct sowing of salad leaves and rocket in the raised beds.
After all this retired to the patio for more wine in the sun :)