Tasks for June
Saturday, 02 Jun 12 Rainy 18°C / 64°F
A brief trip to the plot today, spent mainly on turning over the remaining space at the front of the plot (in what is generally an onion bed) and planting about half of it with carrots (2 rows) and beetroot (2 rows), as well as a limited amount of watering.
Jobs still to be done in June include:
- plant sweetcorn, swedes, turnips, more beetroot
- continue feeding and weeding strawberries on a regular basis
- continue propagating the strawberry runners
- continue weeding and maintaining the raspberry canes
- take out a path across plot behind bed 4, reduce weeds
- weed, cultivate and replant bed 5
- water, fertilise and earth up the spuds in bed 6
- fetch more compost down to the plot
- pot up various perennial herbs etc.
and, depending on where that gets me to,
- consider a July order for plug plants
- consider how (and with what) to replace failed or harvested plants
More updates to follow…
This entry is about
Strawberry 'Mara des Bois' Flowering, Strawberry 'Elegance' Flowering, Strawberry 'Sonata' Flower...
Strawberry 'Sonata' Growing, Strawberry 'Malwina' Growing, Strawberry 'Fenella' Growing, Potato '...
Potato 'Shetland Black' Mulching, Sage, Common Budding, Grape vine Budding, Onion 'Red Karmen' Gr...
Strawberry 'Anablanca' Flowering, Rosemary Flowering, Strawberry 'Christine' Flowering, Onions "R...