What is this plant?
I posted this question in the Answers area, and then realized there is an Oregon Gardener’s group that might be able to help out…0 thumbs up!Posted about 5 years ago
The answers you got over there seem likely to me – Pieris seems to be a really popular landscaping plant in this region, you see them everywhere. To me they seem rather similar to the native plant salal, which also has red new growth and the ‘lantern-like’ flowers later on, but the Pieris is more attractive, less scratchy to bare legs, and probably no doubt easier to find at any random local nursery.
0 thumbs up!Posted almost 5 years ago
Hi there! You're reading a conversation in the Oregon Gardeners group on Folia.
For gardeners in the state of Oregon. Since Oregon climate varies widely (from 4 to 9 on the USDA scale!), you might want to indicate your region or your USDA or Sunset zone if asking for advice.
Other Recent Topics See more...
- 13 Spring feels more dry than usual in the Oregon Gardeners group Posted by Orri 9 days ago. Last reply by Orri about 7 hours ago.
- 1 Change of name in the Oregon Gardeners group Posted by tlhowes 3 days ago. Last reply by Orri 1 day ago.
- 2 Hello from Lebanon,OR in the Oregon Gardeners group Posted by Orri 17 days ago. Last reply by Orri 15 days ago.
- 0 Elk instead of deer in the Oregon Gardeners group Posted by TolCath 9 months ago.
- 0 Deer Fencing in the Oregon Gardeners group Posted by prospector400 about 2 years ago.