Seed Swappers (OR - Plants, Bulbs, Cuttings, etc.)
Have seeds or plants to swap? Looking for those who do? Post ’em here!
To find out more about how you can swap on Folia, make sure you check out the Swaps page – http://myfolia.com/swaps
SUGGESTIONS FOR SUCCESSFUL SWAPPING
(Not rules, just suggestions)
Making the trade
1. Treat your trading partner as you would like to be treated.
2. Send communication and responses as promptly as you can. Always respond. Always be patient.
3. If you wish to decline a trade offer, do so politely. If a trader declines your offer, accept it graciously.
4. Both parties should be satisfied with the proposed trade. Continue to negotiate until it works for both of you.
5. Things happen in life! If you cannot fulfill your part of the trade, notify your trade partner as promptly as your can. They will understand and you can negotiate an alternative. If your trade partner cannot fulfill their part of the trade, be understanding and open to communication and negotiation. Both parties should be realistic in their expectations of their trading partner.
Sending the seeds
1. Send your seeds as you would like to have them sent to you.
2. Package your seeds in a paper packet, small plastic baggie or similar package, and be sure all edges and corners are sealed so no seeds escape.
3. Very important! Remember to provide the Folia Swap Code for each item.
4. Remember that standard envelopes will be processed by the Post Office by sending them through scanning and sorting machines that can crush large seeds or thick envelopes. It is helpful to wrap the seed packets in some material that will give them a bit of protection, e.g. bubble wrap, foam sheeting, etc. if you are using a standard envelope. The Post Office will hand stamp envelopes on request, but this is no guarantee that the envelope does not get normal processing. For larger trades, consider using a padded or bubble envelope.
5. Be sure to use enough postage to get the package or envelope to its destination. If you are sending postage for a return package or envelope, be sure to send an adequate amount to cover the return trip for the package and its added contents.
6. Acknowledge receipt of the trade to your partner. Provide feedback about the condition of the package or seeds on receipt as needed.
- 0 Looking for: Comfrey, Valerian or Lemongrass seeds. [South Africa] Posted by gillespieza 9 days ago.
- 4 Freebies? Posted by PByrd 14 days ago. Last reply by PlantyHamchuk 12 days ago.
- 5 Seedswapping Chinese vegetables/herbs/plants with heirloom seeds Posted by JohnOBedlam about 1 month ago. Last reply by grandmother 19 days ago.
- 0 Hello fellow Seed Swappers! Posted by PlantyHamchuk 21 days ago.
- 0 The Garden Geeks Seed Swap is Open until December 6 Posted by BloominGranny about 1 month ago.
- 1 Free Seed Bundle Posted by Plantaholic almost 4 years ago. Last reply by kelly almost 4 years ago.
- 10 How much info and effort go into a swap? Posted by Plantaholic about 4 years ago. Last reply by tash about 4 years ago.
- 1 HAVE: Corn 'Glass Gem' Posted by seedhoarder about 1 month ago. Last reply by nickyn about 1 month ago.
- 0 Have: Thai Chile Seeds etc for SASE or Trade (US, TX) Posted by omedusa about 1 month ago.
- 3 Rocambole Hard Neck Garlic Seed Bulbs and bulblets for trade.. Posted by JGarfield 4 months ago. Last reply by Bluefd40 about 1 month ago.
- 5 Seed swap. Posted by viper125 11 months ago. Last reply by BlackBloodWizard 3 months ago.
- 1 Welcome to my seed stash Posted by Kevalsha 4 months ago. Last reply by BlackBloodWizard 3 months ago.
- 0 Horse radish. Posted by viper125 3 months ago.
- 0 Tomato seed swap EU Posted by philo 3 months ago.
- 6 Looking for some herb seeds to swap Posted by Simplefaith 10 months ago. Last reply by Kevalsha 4 months ago.