Seed Swappers (OR - Plants, Bulbs, Cuttings, etc.)
Have seeds or plants to swap? Looking for those who do? Post ’em here!
To find out more about how you can swap on Folia, make sure you check out the Swaps page – http://myfolia.com/swaps
SUGGESTIONS FOR SUCCESSFUL SWAPPING
(Not rules, just suggestions)
Making the trade
1. Treat your trading partner as you would like to be treated.
2. Send communication and responses as promptly as you can. Always respond. Always be patient.
3. If you wish to decline a trade offer, do so politely. If a trader declines your offer, accept it graciously.
4. Both parties should be satisfied with the proposed trade. Continue to negotiate until it works for both of you.
5. Things happen in life! If you cannot fulfill your part of the trade, notify your trade partner as promptly as your can. They will understand and you can negotiate an alternative. If your trade partner cannot fulfill their part of the trade, be understanding and open to communication and negotiation. Both parties should be realistic in their expectations of their trading partner.
Sending the seeds
1. Send your seeds as you would like to have them sent to you.
2. Package your seeds in a paper packet, small plastic baggie or similar package, and be sure all edges and corners are sealed so no seeds escape.
3. Very important! Remember to provide the Folia Swap Code for each item.
4. Remember that standard envelopes will be processed by the Post Office by sending them through scanning and sorting machines that can crush large seeds or thick envelopes. It is helpful to wrap the seed packets in some material that will give them a bit of protection, e.g. bubble wrap, foam sheeting, etc. if you are using a standard envelope. The Post Office will hand stamp envelopes on request, but this is no guarantee that the envelope does not get normal processing. For larger trades, consider using a padded or bubble envelope.
5. Be sure to use enough postage to get the package or envelope to its destination. If you are sending postage for a return package or envelope, be sure to send an adequate amount to cover the return trip for the package and its added contents.
6. Acknowledge receipt of the trade to your partner. Provide feedback about the condition of the package or seeds on receipt as needed.
- 48 UK B.L.T & Pea Swap Posted by carms over 2 years ago. Last reply by Amarylis over 2 years ago.
- 44 European Seed Swap? Posted by AnneTanne over 2 years ago. Last reply by avisrapax over 2 years ago.
- 32 Freezer Posted by viper125 over 1 year ago. Last reply by viper125 over 1 year ago.
- 30 so... you don't want to swap...? Posted by bcgarden2010 over 3 years ago. Last reply by snobunny over 3 years ago.
- 22 Are international seed swaps ok? Posted by Katxena about 6 years ago. Last reply by kwortman almost 5 years ago.
- 20 US: Offer, Egyptian Walking Onions Posted by Om over 5 years ago. Last reply by carvinmom almost 5 years ago.
- 19 Just sayin' .... Posted by GirlNtheDirt over 3 years ago. Last reply by brambleoak over 3 years ago.
- 17 Looking to swap Heirloom Tomato & Pepper seeds Posted by JGarfield over 1 year ago. Last reply by JGarfield over 1 year ago.
- 17 STRAWBERRIES Posted by minxy83 almost 3 years ago. Last reply by Tralamander almost 3 years ago.
- 17 Lots of Heirloom Beans for swap, among others Posted by creme over 3 years ago. Last reply by TropicanaRoses over 3 years ago.
- 16 free seeds Posted by bcgarden2010 over 3 years ago. Last reply by addey411 over 2 years ago.
- 16 I need peppers!! Posted by TropicanaRoses over 3 years ago. Last reply by TropicanaRoses over 3 years ago.
- 15 Free to a good home Posted by JeanneS over 3 years ago. Last reply by flowerweaver over 3 years ago.
- 14 Looking for zucchini Posted by TropicanaRoses over 5 years ago. Last reply by TropicanaRoses over 5 years ago.
- 13 Looking for trade, my Allium triccoum for Apios americana Posted by Bluefd40 5 months ago. Last reply by Bluefd40 4 months ago.