Seed Swappers (OR - Plants, Bulbs, Cuttings, etc.)
Have seeds or plants to swap? Looking for those who do? Post ’em here!
To find out more about how you can swap on Folia, make sure you check out the Swaps page – http://myfolia.com/swaps
SUGGESTIONS FOR SUCCESSFUL SWAPPING
(Not rules, just suggestions)
Making the trade
1. Treat your trading partner as you would like to be treated.
2. Send communication and responses as promptly as you can. Always respond. Always be patient.
3. If you wish to decline a trade offer, do so politely. If a trader declines your offer, accept it graciously.
4. Both parties should be satisfied with the proposed trade. Continue to negotiate until it works for both of you.
5. Things happen in life! If you cannot fulfill your part of the trade, notify your trade partner as promptly as your can. They will understand and you can negotiate an alternative. If your trade partner cannot fulfill their part of the trade, be understanding and open to communication and negotiation. Both parties should be realistic in their expectations of their trading partner.
Sending the seeds
1. Send your seeds as you would like to have them sent to you.
2. Package your seeds in a paper packet, small plastic baggie or similar package, and be sure all edges and corners are sealed so no seeds escape.
3. Very important! Remember to provide the Folia Swap Code for each item.
4. Remember that standard envelopes will be processed by the Post Office by sending them through scanning and sorting machines that can crush large seeds or thick envelopes. It is helpful to wrap the seed packets in some material that will give them a bit of protection, e.g. bubble wrap, foam sheeting, etc. if you are using a standard envelope. The Post Office will hand stamp envelopes on request, but this is no guarantee that the envelope does not get normal processing. For larger trades, consider using a padded or bubble envelope.
5. Be sure to use enough postage to get the package or envelope to its destination. If you are sending postage for a return package or envelope, be sure to send an adequate amount to cover the return trip for the package and its added contents.
6. Acknowledge receipt of the trade to your partner. Provide feedback about the condition of the package or seeds on receipt as needed.
- 0 Seed Swapping 2015 Posted by maggiemom about 1 month ago.
- 0 Wintergreen/Teaberry (Gaultheria procumbens) seeds or cuttings, for anything in my 50+ item inventory! Posted by BiodiverSeed 4 months ago.
- 1 Briana apricot Posted by vaericks 5 months ago. Last reply by BiodiverSeed 3 months ago.
- 8 loking for paw paw seeds Posted by ChikaZ 5 months ago. Last reply by ChikaZ 3 months ago.
- 0 trade Posted by kitteh_kat 6 months ago.
- 0 Swap anyone? Posted by mamabear_49093 6 months ago.
- 0 Asclepias incarnata - monarch butterfly host Posted by vaericks 6 months ago.
- 2 Looking to Swap Dwarf Pomegranate for ?? Posted by BeckaShine 8 months ago. Last reply by aikjogja 7 months ago.
- 2 will trade plugs for unusual starters Posted by dawnee43229 10 months ago. Last reply by dawnee43229 9 months ago.
- 0 Let's Swap Posted by Elizabethspetals 10 months ago.
- 3 Looking for butterfly and bee atracting flower seeds, please. Posted by BeckaShine 10 months ago. Last reply by BiodiverSeed 4 months ago.
- 7 Columbine William Guinness double Posted by Elizabethspetals 11 months ago. Last reply by Elizabethspetals 10 months ago.
- 3 new guy Posted by ChikaZ 11 months ago. Last reply by WD40 about 1 month ago.
- 1 Ball State University Greenhouse Expansion, Plants Requested for Interpretive Display Room. Posted by Zacherie about 1 year ago. Last reply by Kevalsha 11 months ago.
- 0 Wanted - Angel Trumpet Brugmansia cuttings Posted by tabb about 1 year ago.