Swap Some Seeds for Winter Sowing
I am keen to swap with anyone who has seeds that would be appropriate for winter sowing. If anyone is interested, send me a message.
Hi there! You're reading a conversation in the Seed Swappers (OR - Plants, Bulbs, Cuttings, etc.) group on Folia.
Have seeds or plants to swap? Looking for those who do? Post ’em here!
To find out more about how you can swap on Folia, make sure you check out the Swaps page – http://myfolia.com/swaps
SUGGESTIONS FOR SUCCESSFUL SWAPPING
(Not rules, just suggestions)
Making the trade
1. Treat your trading partner as you would like to be treated.
2. Send communication and responses as promptly as you can. Always respond. Always be patient.
3. If you wish to decline a trade offer, do so politely. If a trader declines your offer, accept it graciously.
4. Both parties should be satisfied with the proposed trade. Continue to negotiate until it works for both of you.
5. Things happen in life! If you cannot fulfill your part of the trade, notify your trade partner as promptly as your can. They will understand and you can negotiate an alternative. If your trade partner cannot fulfill their part of the trade, be understanding and open to communication and negotiation. Both parties should be realistic in their expectations of their trading partner.
Sending the seeds
1. Send your seeds as you would like to have them sent to you.
2. Package your seeds in a paper packet, small plastic baggie or similar package, and be sure all edges and corners are sealed so no seeds escape.
3. Very important! Remember to provide the Folia Swap Code for each item.
4. Remember that standard envelopes will be processed by the Post Office by sending them through scanning and sorting machines that can crush large seeds or thick envelopes. It is helpful to wrap the seed packets in some material that will give them a bit of protection, e.g. bubble wrap, foam sheeting, etc. if you are using a standard envelope. The Post Office will hand stamp envelopes on request, but this is no guarantee that the envelope does not get normal processing. For larger trades, consider using a padded or bubble envelope.
5. Be sure to use enough postage to get the package or envelope to its destination. If you are sending postage for a return package or envelope, be sure to send an adequate amount to cover the return trip for the package and its added contents.
6. Acknowledge receipt of the trade to your partner. Provide feedback about the condition of the package or seeds on receipt as needed.
Other Recent Topics See more...
- 0 Wintergreen/Teaberry (Gaultheria procumbens) seeds or cuttings, for anything in my 50+ item inventory! in the Seed Swappers (OR - Plants, Bulbs, Cuttings, etc.) group Posted by BiodiverSeed 10 days ago.
- 0 Briana apricot in the Seed Swappers (OR - Plants, Bulbs, Cuttings, etc.) group Posted by vaericks 15 days ago.
- 6 loking for paw paw seeds in the Seed Swappers (OR - Plants, Bulbs, Cuttings, etc.) group Posted by ChikaZ 16 days ago. Last reply by trentf about 23 hours ago.
- 0 trade in the Seed Swappers (OR - Plants, Bulbs, Cuttings, etc.) group Posted by kitteh_kat about 1 month ago.
- 0 Swap anyone? in the Seed Swappers (OR - Plants, Bulbs, Cuttings, etc.) group Posted by mamabear_49093 about 1 month ago.