repost of timeline nitpicks into the appropriate group:
I have to say that I love the new icons. They make it easier to take in what’s going on at a glance.
But I have some nits to pick.
1. They don’t always show up. The first icon seems to always show up, but later icons don’t. Some plants seem to always work, but others don’t. For instance, I have a pepper whose sprouting icon comes and goes, but other plants whose sprouting icon always shows up. My best guess is the algorithm that displays the icons doesn’t deal well with boundaries between columns, so if something is right on the edge of the time period that would be displayed, it doesn’t always show up. I’d rather have the sprout show up a day or two late in the image than not at all. I keep clicking on those plants to check that I put in the event entry to record their sprouting.
2. Plants seem to always start with seeds, whether or not they’ve been sown. I just found some volunteer red orach. Their first and only event is sprouting; they’ve not been sown. But I just get the seed in the ground icon, not the two little leaves.
3. If multiple events calling for icons show up in the same column of the picture, I’d love to see the most recent one be the one displayed. If creating a plant always defaults to sown, starting with a cutting with leaves or planting out a purchased plant should overwrite the seed icon with the current state of the plant. Similarly, planting out after getting true leaves might overwrite the true leaves icon if they’d need to occupy the same column in the timeline. I mostly care about the most recent state of the plant.0 thumbs up!Posted about 4 years ago
Alrighty – update on this one for you:
1. Still working on this one, I think you are right in that we are dealing with boundary date issues – I’ll keep you updated on this one as I go.
2. I’d say for the volunteer to try using the “established” event rather than the sown one – we haven’t yet got an icon for this one, but it will hopefully look a little more suitable than sown. If the first event you log is sprouting anyway, the change made in 3. will mean it will start with the sprouting icon anyway on the timeline.
3. I’ve changed the logic so it shows the most recent milestone in the week – so if you’ve sown and sprouted in the same week, the sprouted will appear in that week’s box. I’ve still got some work to do around making the icons look right, but the logic is working as it should now.
1 thumbs up!Posted about 4 years ago
Have I mentioned lately that you guys rock? My orach looks like it has leaves, and my thai chili looks like it’s had events happen to it (although I’d have to look at it again in a couple of days to see if today is just its sweet spot for displaying icons). Thanks so much. :)
1 thumbs up!Posted about 4 years ago
Hi there! You're reading a conversation in the Bugs and Issues group on Folia.
Found a error on the site, or a bug of the non-garden kind? Then add it here and we’ll get it fixed pronto!
If you think that you might have an idea for a new Folia feature, please pop it in the Suggestions & Feedback group
Other Recent Topics See more...
- 3 May harvest badge in the Bugs and Issues group Posted by seeingreen 12 days ago. Last reply by seeingreen 9 minutes ago.
- 0 Timeline bug in the Bugs and Issues group Posted by Mr_Uke about 15 hours ago.
- 3 Sown date in the Bugs and Issues group Posted by Mr_Uke 3 days ago. Last reply by Mr_Uke about 16 hours ago.
- 0 Character issue in the Bugs and Issues group Posted by Mr_Uke about 16 hours ago.
- 15 Weather not updating daily. in the Bugs and Issues group Posted by JGarfield 27 days ago. Last reply by JGarfield about 21 hours ago.