Chickens in the vegetable garden - Des poules dans le potager
A lovely slide show on Flickr. The garden must be a fair size, because her garden’s protection from the chickens is much less than I’ve been forced to use.4 thumbs up!Posted about 2 years ago
Hi there! You're reading a conversation in the The Roost. group on Folia.
The home of chicken chat
Welcome to the roost
This Group is intended for people who wish to raise chickens but we can include ducks, quail, geese in fact if it’s a bird and it shares your garden we can cover your questions and feelings here.
Why Chickens?? Well how cool is an animal that helps you compost, weeds and removes pests, makes an unusual pet and provides your family with a nourishing little gift each day I have to ask why not.
If you plant fruit trees and grow vegetables, Chicken manure is an excellent fertilizer for the garden or a valuable addition to the compost pile. They are the perfect companions for gardeners who wish to make the best possible use of all the natural resources to them.
Feel free to start a topic or ask a question and all and sundry can partake so feel welcome to contribute,
Hopefully you enjoy our conversations and get enough information to start your own project but be warned they are addictive……
Other Recent Topics See more...
- 0 Poultry keepers unite - urgent matter in the The Roost. group Posted by Carol 5 months ago.
- 5 HELP! Worming and heat stress in the The Roost. group Posted by lolli 6 months ago. Last reply by Raincreek1 5 months ago.
- 3 Growing Hay For Chickens in the The Roost. group Posted by HazelJ 7 months ago. Last reply by Raincreek1 6 months ago.
- 2 Deep litter info in the The Roost. group Posted by lolli 9 months ago. Last reply by LillyPilly 9 months ago.
- 4 Bee's feasting away in the The Roost. group Posted by lolli 11 months ago. Last reply by GreenGuy 11 months ago.