Can anyone identify this Fuchsia?
I bought this Fuchsia at a local nursery last spring, but it did not have a variety name on the tag. I had it in a hanging basket outside all summer, and then brought it inside to attempt to overwinter it. Though all my previous attempts at overwintering Fuchsia have failed miserably, I never can quite give up! This one not only survived but thrived, hanging in an east-facing window. Now, it is blooming and I’d really like to give it a name. The corolla looks much more blue or lavender now that it did when it was blooming outside. I checked around on the internet on various society sites, and it looks to me like ‘Foxgrove Wood’ described as tube and sepals pink, and corolla blue.
What do you think?
Here are other photos on the planting page:
http://myfolia.com/plantings/259478-fuchsia-fuchsia1 thumbs up!Posted over 1 year ago
Whatever it is, it’s awfully pretty.
0 thumbs up!Posted over 1 year ago
YaY! An ID has been confirmed, though not what I thought. I went back to the same nursery yesterday, and they were still selling my Fuchsia so I nabbed one of the plant tags. (Since I didn’t get one in my pot when I bought it, I felt entitled.) :o
So it is a Proven Winners brand called ‘Shadow Dancers Rosella.’ The picture on the tag looks exactly like it did when it was a hanger outside for the summer. The flowers on the plants in the nursery greenhouse were exactly like mine inside for the winter.
2 thumbs up!Posted over 1 year ago | Last edited over 1 year ago
Hi there! You're reading a conversation in the Fuchsias for Novice and Pro group on Folia.
A forum to share advice about and creative uses for fuchsias.
Other Recent Topics See more...
- 8 2013 season in the Fuchsias for Novice and Pro group Posted by orientallily 7 months ago. Last reply by orientallily 5 months ago.
- 0 it worked! in the Fuchsias for Novice and Pro group Posted by orientallily 8 months ago.
- 6 RHS Fuchsias in the Fuchsias for Novice and Pro group Posted by Amarylis almost 2 years ago. Last reply by Amarylis 9 months ago.
- 19 fuchsias for 2012 in the Fuchsias for Novice and Pro group Posted by orientallily over 1 year ago. Last reply by Russell_G over 1 year ago.
- 2 Can anyone identify this Fuchsia? in the Fuchsias for Novice and Pro group Posted by SneIrish over 1 year ago. Last reply by SneIrish over 1 year ago.