Plant Nutrition, Soil Amendments & Fertilizers/Fertilisers
This group is for discussion of the nutrient requirements for different crops, proper use of fertilisers and soil amendments, soil testing, etc. We aim to collect and share information as to the fertiliser needs of particular crops, to test this and to provide Folians with useful empirical data as to the effects of different fertilisers on crop yields. The group will hopefully also play host to some useful resource threads, such as equivalence between fertiliser products across different countries.
Discussion of organic fertilisers and soil amendments is more than welcome within this group, although it is expected that the majority of the discussion will revolve around commercial chemical fertilisers. (N.B. Over here, it’s “fertiliser”. Over there, it’s “fertilizer”. We won’t criticize your spelling if you don’t criticise ours!)
- 27 Fertilizer Elements: What they do & Deficiency symptoms w/ Photos Posted by hotwired almost 3 years ago. Last reply by halhurst over 2 years ago.
- 11 Aquarium water / fish poo as fertilizer? Posted by creme over 1 year ago. Last reply by creme over 1 year ago.
- 8 Fertilizing seedlings? Posted by creme over 1 year ago. Last reply by The_Micro_Gardener over 1 year ago.
- 8 pH preferences of common flowers, grasses and food crops Posted by VSecrets over 2 years ago. Last reply by TropicanaRoses almost 2 years ago.
- 18 Kelp Posted by Deanna almost 2 years ago. Last reply by hotwired almost 2 years ago.
- 0 Recipes for homemade fertilizers Posted by creme almost 3 years ago.
- 10 Nutrition for Cucumbers Posted by Aida over 3 years ago. Last reply by Aida over 3 years ago.
- 3 Aloe Vera - any knowledge on feeding regimes? Posted by magick777 over 3 years ago. Last reply by magick777 over 3 years ago.
- 0 Welcome to the Plant Nutrition group Posted by magick777 over 3 years ago.