Swap List suggestion: Promised / Removed checkbox
Please consider adding to the SwapList a checkbox that would note individual offerings as “Promised” and “Remove from Swaplist”.
This would function in the same way was the toggle box located at the bottom of My Plantings List.
mark selected as [promised] [sent] [archived / removed from swap list]
In an ideal situation, items marked as [promised] would be highlighed in a different color or otherwise obviously marked. These would not be available for new swap matches unless [promised] was unchecked.
[sent] and [archived] would be instantly unavailable for swap matches.
This would be of great help keeping track of what is available on my list during swap season. Thanks.4 thumbs up!Posted almost 2 years ago | Last edited almost 2 years ago
As I’m working with my swap set up this morning, I’m realizing how very important this request is. As of now, there is no way to indicate within the folia system that an item marked as “Available for Swap” is promised.
This means that it stays in the Swap Matcher throughout the swap process, and I could be contacted multiple times for the same item that I have already promised to somebody else. It gets complicated when one is setting up a lot of swaps.
4 thumbs up!Posted almost 2 years ago
I can see how this could be really helpful.
1 thumbs up!Posted almost 2 years ago
Really needing an option to mark a batch of seeds as “REMOVE FROM SWAPLIST” or “MARK UNAVAILABLE FOR SWAP” in that toggle box at the bottom of the page as I’m editing my swap list this morning.
It’s cumbersome and time consuming to search for each individual stash item, enter the stash page, click edit, select “mark unavailable for swap”, click save for each item.
3 thumbs up!Posted almost 2 years ago
This would be a great, time saving improvement for the swapping function.
0 thumbs up!Posted over 1 year ago
This post has been split into a new conversation: “unavailable for swap” swap codes not being recognised by the swap found page
One tricky issue to work around: once an item is marked “unavailable for swap”, The swap code doesn’t work, which means receivers can’t enter it.
Discovered this when I removed swap items after I mailed them but before before receivers entered codes.
- Pending/Promised swap option would make code unavailable to the Swap Matcher but still allow entry by receiver.
- Automate entry of swap codes with checkbox on both the sender and receiver side so nobody need manually enter codes. Toggle box options for Promised, Mailed and Received. Sender clicks mailed, a message is sent to the receiver. Upon receipt, sender just clicks box within that message noting receipt.
Does that make sense?
4 thumbs up!Posted over 1 year ago
This would be ideal – I have had to back track after sending seeds to mark available until they are picked up then turn around and mark unavailable again – which is tedious…
1 thumbs up!Posted over 1 year ago
The idea of a tick box would simplify the swap process quite a bit I reckon! Maybe some people don’t realize they have to enter the swap code once they receive an item requested or don’t think to put it in with the sent item. I’ve had this experience once or twice – quickly reminded by a PM to the person requesting the swap code or, on one occasion, I myself forgot to add but realized before the recipient got the swap item.
1 thumbs up!Posted over 1 year ago
Hi there! You're reading a conversation in the Suggestions + Feedback group on Folia.
Got a suggestion about how we can make folia even better? All ideas (no matter how crazy and outlandish they may seem) are welcome here.
Other Recent Topics See more...
- 20 Weather update box in the Suggestions + Feedback group Posted by PlantyHamchuk 2 months ago. Last reply by BloominGranny 4 days ago.
- 1 Frustrated with seed swaps in the Suggestions + Feedback group Posted by BloominGranny 2 months ago. Last reply by doubledug 16 days ago.
- 0 Seed Swap Pre-Pop and Context Awareness in the Suggestions + Feedback group Posted by doubledug 16 days ago.
- 4 Unarchiving (for just a moment) in the Suggestions + Feedback group Posted by sharonopolis over 5 years ago. Last reply by nic about 5 years ago.
- 1 Many ways of dying in the Suggestions + Feedback group Posted by cristyn over 5 years ago. Last reply by Judy over 5 years ago.