Herbaceous In Autumn: What Now?
Um, pruning, dying down? ‘Cutting back’? Is there is a proper horticultural term that should be applied to how we did the best we could to the herbaceous perennials or biennials?
I would like “cutting back” and “removed” as options, but right now I use pruning.
i call cutting back autumn perennials “pruning”. I also use pruning for mowing the lawn.
Thanks very much for your input, xan and anelson. Pruning does seem the most realistic, as we are manually removing old foliage in order to enable fresh new growth next year. x
Hi there! You're reading a conversation in the Suggestions + Feedback group on Folia.
Got a suggestion about how we can make folia even better? All ideas (no matter how crazy and outlandish they may seem) are welcome here.
Other Recent Topics See more...
- 1 Country of origin in the Suggestions + Feedback group Posted by mpsprengeler about 1 month ago. Last reply by tash 2 days ago.
- 2 Notes in the Suggestions + Feedback group Posted by JAP 3 months ago. Last reply by JAP 3 months ago.
- 0 Front page: Folia by locale - tweaking in the Suggestions + Feedback group Posted by graibeard 4 months ago.
- 0 seed swap list in the Suggestions + Feedback group Posted by ChikaZ 4 months ago.
- 0 Picasa/Flickr alternatives in the Suggestions + Feedback group Posted by Ujaya 4 months ago.