Hi all, getting a spring bug with this “warmer” weather here in Ohio… (Columbus area). Any gardeners out there starting seeds indoors yet? I’m getting antsy to get my hands dirty but have only purchased my seeds.0 thumbs up!Posted almost 2 years ago | Last edited almost 2 years ago
I’m in Cincinnati, and I started my seeds 14 days ago inside. I’ve got a cold frame that I use to harden them off, so I figured that would shelter them from an April cold snaps. But I know what you mean—I am so ready to get out in the dirt! There’s always a horrid cold snap, but I’m enjoying it for now.
1 thumbs up!Posted over 1 year ago
I’m just outside of Cincinnati and I SOWED lettuce seeds outside! :) They have already started poking through the soil. I figured if it got cold, I can always pop my makeshift coldframe over them. I have a kale volunteer and three lettuce plants that survived the very mild “winter” and my chives are going crazy! I haven’t started any tomatoes or pepper indoors yet, but I think I will get started on them this weekend.
BTW, I also have a celery experiment going in my “test” garden. Did you know you can chop off the bottom of celery you buy in the store (I buy organic…don’t know if it would work with conventionally grown) about 1-2", plant it in the ground, and it will start sending up shoots??? I saw the idea on Pinterest and gave it a shot. I planted the stub last week and can see leaves poking up already! Too cool.
2 thumbs up!Posted over 1 year ago
Im in NE Ohio Salem to be exact. I have over 300 plants germinating, and three different peppers sprouting already. Spring is coming quick.
0 thumbs up!Posted 10 months ago
Hi there! You're reading a conversation in the Ohio Gardeners group on Folia.
A group for Ohio gardeners to talk about all things related to gardening in our area!
Other Recent Topics See more...
- 2 supporters in the Ohio Gardeners group Posted by viper125 10 months ago. Last reply by morningglory 5 months ago.
- 0 Wow in the Ohio Gardeners group Posted by viper125 10 months ago.
- 3 Starting seeds??? in the Ohio Gardeners group Posted by BuckeyeAmy44 almost 2 years ago. Last reply by viper125 10 months ago.
- 0 Ohio Garden Related Festivals 2012 in the Ohio Gardeners group Posted by tash over 1 year ago.
- 1 SPRING!!! in the Ohio Gardeners group Posted by tammylynn over 3 years ago. Last reply by Kody over 3 years ago.